Before knowing all the types of industrial boilers that exist in the market, it is important to know what they are, what they are for, how they are designed, and in what media they are used.
The first thing you should know about industrial boilers is that they were designed in the nineteenth century, and today it is known as one of the most important inventions in the modern era since these machines are used in most industrial processes so practically today, they are necessary and irreplaceable.
We can recognize all types of industrial boilers by a common factor; They are heat-generating equipment from the burning of fuel, so they are machines designed to convert fluids.
Although most of these devices are used for industrial purposes, they are also used to perform procedures to generate electricity, in chemical processes, heating processes, among others.
Industrial boilers are also known in the middle as heat generators, and some of the parts that make it up are:
- Burner: These industrial devices are intended to mix fuel with air, offering an important source of heat.
Over the years and with technological advances, important advances have been generated in these tools to give operation to the types of industrial boilers, in this way the air-fuel ratio is regulated more precisely and allows much better use of each component.
The latest models will not only extend the life of the system but will also improve efficiency and regulatory capacity while reducing emissions.
This device is the only one in charge of burning fuel, whether liquid, solid or gaseous, producing a flame.
- Combustion chamber: It is precisely in this element that the fuel starts to burn and is responsible for reaching and withstanding temperatures that can reach 2,000 ºC.
These elements are mostly covered with specialized refractories to withstand the above-mentioned temperatures. In this way, the structure tends to be robust and resistant for any procedure in which different types of industrial boilers are required.
In the industrial market, we can find chambers with a single or double wall, depending on the need, since heat losses depend on this.
- Smoke circuits: In this part of industrial boilers is where the corresponding heat exchange between gases and water takes place, likewise, it is responsible for dividing the greatest amount of heat and then passing it to the water.
Additionally, this smoke circuit meets several objectives in the correct development of the different types of industrial boilers, for example, they are responsible for conducting the fumes that are produced in the combustion process and also avoid serious inconveniences such as energy loss or waste. of heat.
After reviewing what industrial boilers are for, what functionalities they have, and after having known some of the materials that compose them, we can start to know the types of industrial boilers that exist and how they differ from one to the other.
Types of industrial boilers
1. Industrial fire tube boilers: These types of boilers are recognized in the industry since they are those whose gases come from the fuel itself, and progressively circulate inside the boiler tubes.
This fuel is burned in the combustion chamber, a material that we talked about earlier, in which it allows and facilitates the transmission of heat by radiation.
On the other hand, the final gases circulate through the tubes in which the corresponding heat exchange is generated, it is in this way that the thermal exchange is carried out to expel the fumes to the outside through a chimney.
This type of industrial boilers has different advantages, among these we can mention that it is a quite effective tool since it can exceed 97% of the interval from 30 to 100% with respect to the load.
Additionally, it is recognized as a very compatible machine with different power variations since it has a high-quality steam thanks to one of its characteristic parts; the integrated steam separator.
Another advantage of this type of industrial boiler is that it has a large volume of water stored under pressure, this means that it favors the ability to absorb possible fluctuations in the steam demands of the different processes. This minimizes variations in water level, fuel consumption, temperature and also relieves load and steam pressure, making it a consistent and effective machine.
Finally, it should be noted that firetube boilers have a remarkable system for being fully conditioned and tested at the factory, in addition to complying with all environmental regulations.
2. Industrial water-tube boilers: These boilers, unlike the previous reference, are considered one of the oldest types of industrial boilers, since although people began to talk about this machinery until the 19th century, records of this machine are known a century earlier, however, with the passage of time this type of boiler has evolved, feeding on small steam trains to being the driving force of processes with a need for much more power capacity.
These boilers supply high-quality steam, and thanks to their heat exchanger they can reach quite high pressures. It is important to know that they are suitable for higher steam productions and even superheated steam.
What differentiates this type of industrial boiler from others is that it is the water that circulates through the tubes forming a closed circuit, which allows them to be tools equipped with other elements such as superheaters or economizers.
It is composed of a combustion chamber, resistant water pipes, and refractories to produce combustion.
3. Instant vaporization boilers: To finish with the most popular types of industrial boilers on the market, we are going to talk about this tool that brings together various aspects of previous industrial boilers.
It is a boiler in which the volume of water required is less compared to the amount of heat it prints, this means that it increases the production of instantaneous steam.
Stalwart International, One of the best Pressure vessel manufacturers in Vadodara.