Started in Japan in 1908, Brother Industries Ltd., is now known for delivering top-notch electrical equipment across the world. A wide variety of products are manufactured by “Brothers” that includes desktop computers, machine tools, multifunction printers, typewriters, printers, fax machines, etc. likewise, Brothers printers are preferred for their sturdy and well-built look that falls in an affordable price list.
Continue reading this article to know more about your Brother printer, its setup, installation, and tips to troubleshoot possible issues with the printer. Also, check why brother printing is not printing and how to fix brother printer error printing.
GUIDE TO USE AND SET UP BROTHER PRINTER
How to load papers on Brother printer?
- Unpack your brother and gently pull out the paper tray.
- Open the paper tray and fan papers while leading in the tray.
- Close it and gently push it back into the machine.
- Now connect the power code to power on the machine.
Introductory Ink Cartridges installation and Machine settings
- Remove the orange protective part when you open the ink cartridge cover.
- Gently install the ink cartridge following the on-screen instructions.
- Once you are done with it, the printer machine will automatically prepare the ink tube system for printing.
- Now, in the machine settings, you need to check time and date, set printing quality, firmware update notice, and print the installation sheet.
- Visit printeralign.com for more info.
How to locate Brother Printer if it does not appear on the computer screen?
- Go to the start button and locate “My Computer” or search it from the taskbar.
- Now, click on the CD/DVD-ROM icon.
- Click on start.exe.
- The User Account Control pop-up window will show up, click on the Yes option to start the installation.
How to install Brother printer?
- Go to settings from the start button and look for Printers and Scanners.
- Now, click on the “Add a Printer or Scanner” option.
- Once the research for the new device completes, select the Brother Printer.
- Finally, click on “Add Device”.
Why is the Brother Printer not printing and how to fix it?
If something affiliated with power, network, status, and port hits the Brother Printer, my Brother Printer won’t print. Is the same happening with your Brother printer that it is not responding to the print command? Don’t worry! Here are some verified ways that you should exercise to fix Brother printer printing issues.
Solution 1. Change the Brother printer “Offline” setting to “Online”
If your Brother Printer is not responding, make sure it is not set to “offline” mode. You can check it by following these steps.
- Go to the settings app of your computer.
- Locate Devices > printers and scanners option.
- Select the currently using printer and right-click on it.
- Hit the Printer option from the upper left corner after clicking on the See what’s printing tab.
- Navigate use printer offline from the options and uncheck it to fix brother printer offline error.
Solution 2. Check the Brother printer port
If Brother printer is connected to Wi-Fi but not responding, make sure it is connected to the right port. Here is how you can check it.
- Press the Start button and go to settings> printers and scanners> devices and printers.
- Now locate the Brother printer and right-click on it.
- Click on “properties” > “change properties” > “Port”.
- Now select the port consisting of the Brother printer name and click on the “Apply” button.
Solution 3. Check the status of your Brother Printer
The brother printer should be on “Ready” status for smooth functioning and glitches-free printing. Check the directions given below to put your printer on “ready” status and avoid error printing on the Brother printer.
- Move your cursor on the Brother printer icon to open multiple options.
- Put your printer on “ready” status and check whether there are too many requests.
- If it shows documents options, click on the cancel all documents option.
- Additionally, right-click on the Brother printer icon and uncheck the use printer offline option, and select use printer online.
Solution 4. Re-Install Brother Printer
Perhaps, the installation was not followed correctly, thus Brother Printer is not connecting to your PC. What to do in this case? Simply remove the Brother printer and add it again.
Remove Brother Printer
- Go to the Control Panel from the Start button.
- Locate Devices> Printers and Scanners> Brother Printer.
- Select the Brother Printer and press the Remove Device button.
Re-install the Brother Printer
- Go to settings from the start button and check Printers and Scanners.
- Now, click on the “Add a Printer or Scanner” bar.
- Select the Brother Printer, once the research for the new device completes.
- At last, click on “Add Device”.
Solution 5. Clean the printhead
- Open the print quality check sheet.
- Select “Ink”/ “Ink Indicator”.
- Hit the “Test print”.
- Click on the “print quality” > “Color Start”.
- Check the print quality check sheet. Make sure colors are presented in this order- black, yellow, cyan, and magenta.
- When LCD inquires about whether the print quality is ok, select “No”.
- In the start cleaning option displayed by LCD, click on the “Color Start”.
- Repeat all the steps to check the improvement.
- Finally, click on the “Stop” or “Exit” button.
Solution 6. Use the same Wi-Fi router for your printer as well as the computer
Is your Brother printer connected to Wi-Fi but not printing? If this is occurring time and again and your Brother printer is not connecting to the PC, follow the steps given below.
- Locate Printers and devices options and select DEFAULT printer.
- Connect your Brother Printer and the PC to the same Wi-Fi router.
- Make sure the ethernet cable is appropriately connected.
- At last, check the printer status that should not be either “Offline” or “Paused”.
Hopefully, this comprehensive guide helped you figure out how to use your Brother printer properly and fix some common printing issues with it. Nevertheless, if something is somehow missed out in the article that failed to solve your Brother printer-related queries, visit the printealign.com website.