Russia is one of the top countries which is known for its innovative and powerful education system. The Russian medical universities attract international students with the best quality education, modern methods, and modern technology to teach medicine, and the most important factor which attracts international medical students is affordable fees with all necessary accommodation. Russian universities are well updated with their curriculum and always modify the curriculum to give the effective and best education to the students. To Apply to a Russian university is the easiest procedure to get MBBS admission in Russia.
Most of the Universities which provide mbbs in russia are the oldest universities in Russia. Russian universities are internationally recognized by the Russian federation’s ministry of public health, the world health organization (WHO), and the united nations’ educational, scientific and cultural organization (UNESCO).
Russian universities offer Russian students an amazing opportunity. Russia has a unique cultural and historical heritage. Medical students who pursue their bachelors of general medicine in Russia can apply for the job anywhere around the world. But you must have graduated from the university which was recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), Medical Council of Canada (MCC), Ministry of Foreign Medical Graduates (FMGE), World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER) and Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia.
Let’s have a look at what you can do after studying mbbs from Russia.
Things to do after study medicine from russia
- Practice in russia: Medical students after graduating from russian university can practice their medical career in russia. It doesn’t need any license to practice medicine in Russia if you have graduated from a Russian university.
There are many hospitals and clinics which accept overseas students to work with them and practice their medical career hence medical students after graduating from Russian universities can prefer this.
- Practice in india: indian medical students are at disadvantage if they want to practice their medical career in india. Medical students graduating from Russian universities have to pass the medical council of india screening test (MCI screening test) to practice their medical career in india. Because after qualifying the medical council of india screening test , students are eligible to continue their practice of medical career.
The medical students who graduated from Russian universities have to qualify for the concerned country screening test to practice their medical career in that country except for russia. Thus, medical students prefer to do a high pay job abroad after their mbbs degree from another country. Indian Medical students have a high value in the healthcare system. Abroad hospitals even government hospitals prefer students from overseas because they have many skills and qualities which give them a different position than domestic people.
- Post Graduation : medical students after graduating from Russian universities can apply for postgraduate in general medicine(MD) and post graduation in general surgery(MS), or after post graduation, medical students can apply for hospitals and nursing homes for practicing. Students can pursue their post-graduation from countries like the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Singapore, Australia.these countries are considered to be the best choice for post-graduation.
- Exams to qualify for practice in other countries: After graduated from russian university, if you are looking to take admissions then you have to qualify few entrance tests such as medical college admission test (MCAT) and to practice medicine in united states of america you need to have a licence and for license you have to qualify united states medical licensing examination. This exam is highly competitive but it is easier than neet.
- Researcher : After graduating from a Russian university, there are many students who are looking to go into a research field. There are many universities in Russia as well as in other countries which provide international research projects to start a career. If any medical student wants to pursue higher studies , Russian universities also give chances to the medical students.
- Private clinic: After graduating from Russian universities, medical students can start their own clinic for practicing. It will help in their personal growth. Most of the students or doctors prefer private clinics because it doesn’t have any burden or pressure of work. If a medical student after graduating from Russian universities is thinking of staying in Russia and working then they can do it after completing all the legal procedures. Hence it is one of the best choices for students.
- Private institutions: medical students after graduating from Russian universities can open their institute to serve their duty to needy people.
These medical students can also teach their science in schools of Russia or in any of the countries after completion of all the required procedures. In this way, they can also revise their whole curriculum and at the same time help students in their studies.
- Hospital management: There is a new trend going on among medical students to switch their field and go into management. It provides high salaries and a high standard of living. It is one of the fastest growing sectors. Those students who want to work in this field can go into management.
There are lots of opportunities waiting for you after studying medicine in Russian universities. After graduating from one of the best universities in Russia, you can get a better job in the medical field whether in government hospitals and private hospitals or you can start your own clinic. You can also work with many medical organizations which will help you to become successful. It is recommended that you stay abroad for a job after completing your graduation. Then it is better to take admissions in international universities because most of the universities are not recognized by international authorities which makes it difficult for overseas students, especially Indian students, to get a job in their home country or any other desired country. Hence it is suggested to think carefully and check all the possibilities before joining any international university.