Getting QuickBooks Error H202 while using the multi-user mode? We can help. The H202 error usually emerges due to incorrect hosting settings and affects users work productivity.
The QuickBooks error code H202 states that the company file that users wish to access is located on a different PC and cannot be reached via server.
In this informative post, we’ll go through the factors leading to QuickBooks Error H202 along with the procedures to fix this error code. So, let’s begin.
Factors Leading To QuickBooks H202 Error
Exploring the causes of the H202 error, helps users understand the error and prevent it from coming back.
Following are the major factors that lead to QuickBooks Error Code H202 emergence.
- The first and major reason is an Incorrect configuration of hosting on your system.
- Having Corrupt or damaged .ND files often lead to error H202.
- In case the QuickBooks settings are misconfigured.
- Having a false Firewall configuration also causes the QB H202 error.
- When QuickBooks can’t locate your IP address, this error emerges.
- Incorrect DNS settings on your system.
- Disabled QuickBooks services and server issues.
Symptoms Indicating QuickBooks H202 Error
It is crucial to confirm the error prior to applying the fixation method for it. Verify if you’re facing any of the following symptoms for the QuickBooks Error Code H202 issue:
- QuickBooks software gets crashed or freeze.
- Your system starts performing poorly.
- Users can’t utilize the multi-user mode.
- Error message as Error: H202.
How To Fix QuickBooks H202 Error?
In order to permanently fix the QuickBooks H202 error, users must perform the below-mentioned procedures sequentially.
Procedure 1: Network Testing
In order to utilize the multi-user mode properly, the network connectivity should be optimal. Hence, turn off hosting and then test your network connectivity for fixing the QuickBooks H202 error. Here’s how:
- Firstly, launch your QuickBooks.
- Thereafter, tap “File-Menu”.
- Then, choose “Utilities”.
- Next, “turn off hosting” and exit QuickBooks.
- Now, hold “Win + R”.
- After that, input “CMD”.
- Now, press “Enter”.
- Then, type “Ping_system name”.
- Press “Enter”.
- Finally, it’ll test your network.
Note: If your network connectivity is slow, try connecting with a fast and reliable internet connection and then turn “On” hosting.
Procedure 2: Verify QuickBooks Hosting
When the QuickBooks hosting is turned off, users experience the QuickBooks Error Code H202 issue. Hence, verify QuickBooks hosting on your system. Here’s how:
- Launch QuickBooks on the host system.
- Thereafter, click “File”.
- Next, tap “Utilities“.
- Then, examine the “Host Multi-user” list.
- Now, select “Stop Hosting Multi-user”.
- Finally, click “Yes”.
Procedure 3: Confirm QuickBooks Services
If the QuickBooks services are disabled, it is likely to cause various QB related errors including the H202. Hence, confirm the QuickBooks services by:
- Firstly, hold “Win + R” together.
- Thereafter, type “Services.msc”.
- Then, hit “Enter”.
- Next, go to “Service-Window”.
- Now, launch “QuickBooksDBXX” service.
- Choose “Automatic” for startup-type.
- Then, click on “Recovery”.
- Next, “Restart QB Services”.
- Now, tap “Apply” followed by hitting “Ok”.
- Finally, do the same for “QBCFMonitorService”.
Procedure 4: Run QuickBooks Database Manager
The QuickBooks database server manager diagnoses and treats QuickBooks multi-user mode issues and errors. Users can run this incredible tool by following:
- Firstly, download QB Tool Hub.
- Thereafter, launch it.
- Then, go through the software licenses.
- Next, finish the installation.
- Now, launch the tool hub and visit “Installation-Issues”.
- Finally, run “QuickBooks Database Server”.
After running the QuickBooks Database, browse for the troublesome file and tap “Scan”. Afterwards, the tool will resolve the H202 issue.
Procedure 5: Enabling Hosting To Local Files
Ensuring if the company file is not being hosted by another client’s PC helps users fix the QuickBooks Error Code H202 issue. Thus, enable hosting local files by:
- Run QuickBooks on your system.
- Press the “F2” key.
- Now, the product information tab will appear.
- Next, head to the left panel of your screen.
- Then, visit “Local-Server”.
- Finally, click “Hosting Local Files”.
Procedure 6: Relocating The Company File
Due to malware or any technical glitch, the chances of a corrupt company file folder becomes high. Therefore, relocating the company file by creating a new folder is a must. Follow this:
- Visit C: Drive or any preferred destination.
- Then, right-click anywhere.
- Next, choose “Create Folder” and name it.
- Now, reach the company file directory.
- Select your company file having .TLG extension.
- Then, “Copy” the selected file.
- Visit the newly created folder.
- Finally, paste your company file and check for any errors.
Procedure 7: Launching QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QB Install Diagnostic Tool helps fix any installation-related issue that may be causing the QuickBooks multi-user H202 error. In order to access this tool for fixing errors, follow these:
- Download the QB Tool Hub.
- Install and launch it.
- Visit “Installation-Issues”.
- Run “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool”.
- Then, test the file connectivity.
- Finally, try accessing your company file again.
Procedure 8: Use QuickBooks File Repair Doctor
The QuickBooks File Doctor automatically diagnoses and treats several QuickBooks related issues including the H202 error. The steps to utilize this effective tool are:
- Download “QuickBooks Tool Hub”.
- Then, install the tool.
- Visit “Company File-Issues”.
- Run “QuickBooks File-Doctor”.
- Let the QB doctor tool diagnose and fix the issue.
By performing these, the H202 error will be resolved and users can continue working on their company file using multi-user mode.
We are confident that by applying the given solutions, the multi-user error H202 will be fixed permanently. The content offered to you is very well analyzed and the fixation procedures are tested by our experts.