College gifts aren’t much different from birthdays or any special occasion gifts for your children because you always want to give something that they would like. For older kids, it’s not hard to figure out what they want. You just need to know their interests, but most of the time, it’s a mystery when it comes to young students. As parents, we always want to help our children out especially when money is involved. This is also the reason why college gifts for our young adult kids seem too hard to give an idea of what to give them. We could probably end up giving them things that we think are nice, which made our children think otherwise.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could give your children something they’ll always remember and keep to cherish years after graduation? This article is to identify those special things about your child that will make for an awesome college gift.
What College Students Want More Than Anything for Heading Back to School
In this list, we will discuss several simple gifts you might want to give to your college children.
- Tumbler – When it comes to gifting college students, it always seems to be a challenge because of the many things that they would like. While we want to gift them with something special, we also want to make sure that we are giving something practical. Giving them a tumbler is useful and will help them maintain a good lifestyle while they learn or relax their minds away from campus activities. You can also personalize it with their initials, symbols, or anything that resembles themselves.
- Tile Object Tracker – The Tile Bluetooth tracker is an ultra-convenient accessory for the organized household! This compact, robust device can be attached to any object and locates its position in less than a sec. If you’re worried about your children misplacing their belongings, this tile object tracker is the ideal gift. This Bluetooth tracker, which is robust, water-resistant, and loud, will assist them in keeping track of all their belongings.
- Journal / Planner – This planner is the perfect gift for college students. With a calendar, daily schedule, and places to write down assignments and study groups, this cute book can be used as a daily workbook or diary. If you need an extra incentive for your daughter or son to get studying done, give this book as a gift with their favorite color.
- Apple Airpods Pro – AirPods Pro is a gift that virtually anyone would love (and use) this year. In fact, it’s one of the most popular Apple products this year, according to Best Buy. The earbuds fit perfectly in any ear, making them simple to use during workouts and walks as well as during calls and movie watching. AirPods Pro offers noise-canceling capabilities, which are an improvement over previous models and are required in open offices. Your college kid would definitely love this one!
- Book – Well, this gift solely depends on the interest of your kids. If they love reading, they would absolutely appreciate this one. If you are not sure either, you can choose those books that are motivational, full of wisdom, novels that they can relate to, like adulthood, soul searching or maybe the genres thy really love such as romance, science fiction, and more.
- Smartwatch – Get your child a smartwatch for their college needs. It is both stylish and useful for them to manage. They can track their activity, receive notifications from social media apps, communicate like a smartphone, and more. It is good for a college student who loves techy stuff but still wants to look fashionable. Moreover, smartwatches are all-in-one wearable tech device that not only tells time but can allow them to stay connected with their iOS and Android smartphone. Leading models have built-in heart rate monitors, GPS, waterproof casing, and more. Featured smartwatch brands include Apple Watch Series 3, Fitbit Versa 3, and Samsung Galaxy Watch 4.
- Brand New Smartphone – When searching for a college present for your children, you cannot go wrong with the best smartphones. In fact, why not get them the most current, stylish, and powerful smartphone models available in 2022? The honor x8 has a 6.7″ FullView display with a 64MP ultimate crisp quad-camera for capturing beautiful moments. It also has an ultra-fast charging function that gives users a full day’s power from just 30 minutes of charging. The OnePlus 8 Pro boasts a 6.78-inch fluid AMOLED display, and quad cameras making it ideal for taking pictures and videos on the school campus or at parties. The smartphones of 2022 have many essential and exciting features like Internet calling and texting, weather forecasting services, and private camcorders. Let your children capture and express their personal moments!
In a Nutshell
It is never too late to wish good luck to your little one who is going to the university. As you can see, you can find many different types of gifts, each having its own value. Each of these gifts will be appreciated by your child, so you don’t have to worry while buying one of the above-listed college gifts. They are available online even during the last minutes of your daughter or son going to college, and you can also personalize them in case he/she needs some modification. Ultimately what pushed us to this list was our concern for parents and children to have happy moments together, as that is the best thing children remember about their time in college. Good luck!