Quickbooks database server manager is one of the crucial components of Quickbooks. When you use the Quickbooks application in multi-user mode, you need the Quickbooks database server manager to sync your files. Sometimes when you update the Quickbooks application on the system, you can see that the Quickbooks database server manager may not work on the system. This error will make it difficult for you to use the application further and will affect productivity. So, to help you with it, we have come up with this post. Here is how you can resolve the Quickbooks database server failed issue. We have provided you with all the solutions to get rid of the issue easily.
What Leads to Quickbooks Database Server Manager Not Working Issue
If you would know the reasons to encounter the QuickBooks database server manager stopped issue, it would be easier to resolve it. So, here is a list of all the reasons for which you can encounter the Quickbooks database server manager stopped error.
- The firewall installed on the system is trying to stop the communication between the Quickbooks application and the company file or other components of the application.
- The Quickbooks database server manager that you are using is an outdated version.
Troubleshooting Methods for Quickbooks Database Server Manager Stopped Issue
Now that you have understood why you can encounter Quickbooks database server manager error, here are all the methods that you can use to fix the issue. Each method is mentioned in detail. All you need to do is to follow all the steps in the same way as mentioned.
Method 1:Check the Version of Quickbooks Database Server Manager
- For this, you will first have to open the Run window on the system. To open the window, you will have to press the windows and R keys together.
- In the Run window, you will have to type services. msc and then press the enter key.
- From the list of services, choose QuickbooksDBXX and then verify if the last two digits of the service are the same as that of the Quickbooks desktop version on the system.
- In case you are using any other version of the Quickbooks database server manager on the system, you will have to consider installing a new one.
Method 2: Employ Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
- To start with, you will have to download the Quickbooks file doctor tool on the system.
- You will then have to click on the qbfd.exe file on the system. Double-click on it to open the tool on the system.
- You will then have to follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- When it will be installed, the tool will open automatically on the system. In case it does not start on the system, you will have to click on the icon and start it.
- When done, you will have to choose the company file that you wish to check.
- You can choose to diagnose and fix the file or simply choose the check file damage option.
- When done, you will be asked to enter your admin credentials. You need to enter them and then click on continue.
- It will then start the scanning process and resolve the issue.
- Check if you are still facing the issue.
Method 3: Updating Quickbooks Server Manager
- To start with, you will have to click on the start icon on the screen. After this, in the search box, you will have to type Quickbooks database server manager.
- You will then have to choose to update the application.
- Now, begin the updation process by clicking on the update option. You will now see the details of the updated versions.
- When this is done, you will have to start the server again.
- You will now have to check if you can open the company file or not.
- Also, you will have to make sure that you have created a backup of the Quickbooks company file.
- When done, attempt to open the file. If you still fail to open the file, move to the next method.
Method 4: Repair Quickbooks Application
- First, you will have to open the Run window by pressing the Windows and R keys.
- After this, you will have to type appwiz. cpl in the Run window and press Enter.
- You will then have to look for the Quickbooks application from the list of all the installed applications.
- When done, click on the Quickbooks application and then choose to uninstall it.
- Now, follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the process.
- You will then have to hover to the Quickbooks download page and then choose the location and version of Quickbooks.
- When done, click on the search option and then choose the Download option.
- You will have to save the downloaded file on the system and follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the process.
Quickbooks database server manager needs to run smoothly on the system for the proper working of Quickbooks in multi-user mode. So, if you are facing issues, you will have to follow the steps mentioned in the article and you are good to go. Hopefully, the article has helped you.