What is Ortho-K?
- Ortho K lenses are stiff lenses that are custom-made and worn overnight. They gradually restructure the cornea (the clear dome at the front of the eye) so that you can see properly without glasses or contact lenses during the day.
- This has lifestyle benefits, especially for active kids and adults who participate in sports and recreational activities. The reshaping of the cornea is reversible. Therefore, if you stop wearing Ortho K lenses, your eye shape and prescription will revert to their pre-Ortho K state.
- For adults, it’s also a viable option to LASIK or other forms of refractive surgery. When the Ortho K lens is first put, there is some awareness of the lens on the eye, but overall adaption and comfort are excellent. It can be used to correct eyesight problems.
Myopia is more common than ever before
- Well according to the study conducted by doctors, over one billion individuals suffering from myopia, it is a huge worldwide health hazard. Due to variables such as age, decreased time outside, and more time spent gazing at devices, that number is predicted to rise to about 5 billion by 2050.
- For almost 20 years, Ortho-K lenses have been one of the most effective therapies. This form of treatment will grow more popular – and more vital – for people all over the world as myopia becomes more frequent.
- Therefore, this global epidemic, orthokeratology is becoming increasingly crucial not just for correcting myopia but also for preventing it from worsening.
How Ortho-K lenses improve your eye vision?
Patients should wear their lenses every night for the optimum results, but the effects can linger for many days. After wearing Ortho-K lenses for one night, it’s not uncommon for folks to have corrected eyesight for up to two days. The lenses can be worn throughout the day, but because they reshape the cornea, they are more comfortable at night. While the reshaping takes place, it’s usually more vital to wear the lenses every night at first. You may be able to wear them more frequently as your treatment develops.
Ortho-k is the safest treatment of eye
- Orthokeratology is a safe treatment for vision correction and myopia control, according to research. Any type of contact lens wear carries a minor risk of serious eye infection, but these risks are low – go here to learn more about contact lenses safety in children.
- When compared to older teenagers and adults, there appears to be a lower risk of inflammatory illnesses in children aged 8–15 years. Each child, however, is unique, and parents, practitioners, and the child can all work together to establish if it is appropriate.
- By closely following the cleaning and maintenance methods that your optometrist shares with you and attending frequent eye examinations, you can lower your risk of adverse outcomes.
OrthoK and cornea refractive therapy, paragon CRT (vision shaping treatment) as well as hearing loss are mainly become a common diseases among children and elders as well as youngsters. If you want and trying to enhance children’s eyesight by minimizing changes in vision, notably myopia in youngsters and hearing loss in elders. So you should visit on eyepractice because they have best doctors and treatment of myopia and hearing loss. You can easily do your hearing test and myopia for the best results.
A treatment known as Orthokeratology treatment or Ortho-K, is a procedure that is non-surgical and is used to reshapes the cornea. It is a unique treatment. The patients are directed contact lenses that are specialized for the use of overnight usage. Cornea will start focus light more productively onto the ratina with harmonious usage of these lenses.